Thursday, September 30, 2010

Tofu: FOUND

It happened ! I had given up all hope. I had already visited two local thai restaurants to ask about their tofu purchases.

I went on and on (à la BBQ rant) about how incomplete my culinary life was because I was missing tofu. Swedes looked at me strangely. 'What is this 'tofu' you speak of?' And then, upon answering them, I could tell they did not 'get' it.

So, yesterday, I'm strolling through a local grocery shop, buying some frozen fruit and soy milk, browsing around the liquid yogurt section (yes, that is not a typo) when I see something white, cubed, and un-appetizing looking. TOFU!

Ignoring the fact that the expiry date had already passed, I snatched up two blocks of that delicious bean curd goodness. I was elated! Pad thai tonight!, I said to myself.

So tonight, right after this post of glory, I am off to cook myself some tofu for the first time since I hit European land. Protein city, here I come!

p.s How many of these posts actually revolve around food?

Answer: Far too many.

1 comment:

These are a few of my favourite things. . .

  • Travel and travel-related journaling
  • the Weakerthans
  • The sound of rain at night when falling asleep
  • Sweet Potato Fries
  • Animals! and not eating them!
  • Crepes with nutella
  • running
  • la musique
  • outdoor concerts and festivals
  • Joni Mitchell
  • Introspection
  • Dancing when no one is around (except my family)
  • American poets