Friday, March 25, 2011

Waffle Day /Baffle Day

Today was Waffle Day in Sweden.

Now, I know what you're thinking:' Any country that dedicates a day to waffles can't be half bad,' but, you're wrong.

Anyways, so we had waffles at school (only the teachers: so evil) and I was so excited that I did not use a plate, and spilled whip cream on my maternity pants three times.

No, I am not even remotely pregnant, I just mistook the stretchy band on my pants for the newest fashion statement of 2011 when trying them on. I didn't even know they were maternity pants till I showed off the new style to two colleagues, who laughed at my naiveté and complete lack of fashion knowledge. However, the benefits of maternity pants cannot be overstated, and needless to say, they came in handy on waffle day. I now own several maternity items.

So, Happy Waffle Day, Sweden. Thanks for making today significantly better than most.

Also, 11 weeks. 11 weeks.

1 comment:

These are a few of my favourite things. . .

  • Travel and travel-related journaling
  • the Weakerthans
  • The sound of rain at night when falling asleep
  • Sweet Potato Fries
  • Animals! and not eating them!
  • Crepes with nutella
  • running
  • la musique
  • outdoor concerts and festivals
  • Joni Mitchell
  • Introspection
  • Dancing when no one is around (except my family)
  • American poets