Saturday, May 21, 2011

Next Up: The Craziest Month of my Life


I got back from camp IES, a camp in Gävle, which is north of Stockholm. Above is one of the hot tubs we got to warm up in, instead of being at school.
It was great to experience the real beauty of Sweden, and to get to do something outside of the classroom with students from all over Sweden. They threw axes at trees, we did a high wire course, did team building activities that were not lame, did some rock-climbing, and I ate delicious veggie burgers. I even get to go again next week to a different camp in another supposedly beautiful part of Sweden.

There are less than three weeks of school left, and it's really starting to hit me how I am really packing up my life (literally) and will not be in this apartment forever. (so tears being shed over that).

There's new apartment waiting for me in Ottawa, so it's actually a new chapter, in another sense.

My next few weeks look a little something like this:

-week 21: three day camp (new location)
-week 22: move out of apartment
long weekend trip to Bruges and Brussels
farewell BBQ
week 23: last week of school, packing up office, and IES life
flight to Berlin, where I meet M.B and we visit Dresden, Prague, Munich, Vienna, Zagreb/Croatia, Budapest, back to Berlin, fly back to Sweden on June 30th, re-back my life, fly to Canada on the 2nd of July, move in to the new place, start camp the 4th go to multiple Bluesfest shows, turn 23, and accompany a friend to a wedding.

hahahah I know I can do it, because I enjoy life most when I'm busy, but I think my body and brain will be like, 'why are you doing this to us?'

I'm going to miss Sweden (no, really). I'll miss some people in Borås, but the town itself can kiss my Canadian ass.
I will also miss the godis, the beauty, and. . . . .being able to get bus tickets through text messages!

Here's a photo of the lake our camp was at:

1 comment:

These are a few of my favourite things. . .

  • Travel and travel-related journaling
  • the Weakerthans
  • The sound of rain at night when falling asleep
  • Sweet Potato Fries
  • Animals! and not eating them!
  • Crepes with nutella
  • running
  • la musique
  • outdoor concerts and festivals
  • Joni Mitchell
  • Introspection
  • Dancing when no one is around (except my family)
  • American poets