Thursday, May 12, 2011

borås: where the sun is always shining????

In a month from now I will be in either Berlin or Dresden! A month after that, I will be back in Ottawa, in a new apartment.

I will be living at Bluesfest, working at a job I love (famous last words) and stuffing as much poutine as I can into this body.

Next week I'm going to a wilderness-leadership camp with students, which I'm so excited for. It's in the NORTH of Sweden, so. . . we'll see how that goes!

I also did a 21 km run-walk through the mountains of B-town last weekend. It was honestly the toughest physical activity I have EVER done, but the team I ran wish pushed each other in such a fun way. The best part was creatively 'bursting through' each km mark.

Today in Swedish class the teacher asked how long we were staying in Sweden for. She found out my answer and asked, 'Annnnd you're learning Swedish, why?'
I told her, 'Jag är en loser,' which is Swenglish at its finest. Full disclosure: I go for the social aspect. This is how bleak it's gotten.

It also stays bright out until about 10 here. It's so bright I sleep with a mask.

But enough about me. How are you? Did you have a satisfying yet nutritional meal tonight?

I have a sneaking fear that students might read this blog. . . . so I've included a tracker to see where the reads are coming from!

Brandon, I'm getting a lot of activity from Toronto.

Feminism!

No comments:

Post a Comment

These are a few of my favourite things. . .

  • Travel and travel-related journaling
  • the Weakerthans
  • The sound of rain at night when falling asleep
  • Sweet Potato Fries
  • Animals! and not eating them!
  • Crepes with nutella
  • running
  • la musique
  • outdoor concerts and festivals
  • Joni Mitchell
  • Introspection
  • Dancing when no one is around (except my family)
  • American poets