Tuesday, April 26, 2011

''Home'' - photos de Paris

After what can only be described as an amazing eleven days, I embrace the ability to lie on my couch-bed for hours.

It was a fantastic trip, and for now, I will let a select few pictures and my ever-so-witty (not) comments do the talking. Highlights were the fries (chips) in the U.K, cadbury nutella, The Children's Hour (the best play I've ever seen), Montmartre, the Sewer museum (I was probably born as a sewer rat) and the weather. Well, I'm sure there was more. If Megan reads this, Scabby Nose was surely a plus.

I know, I know, I'm a lucky son of a bitch for getting to travel this much. But, I have possibly eaten my weight in food, so there's some poetic justice after all.



Bonjour Paris! Bonjour Arche de Triomphe! Salut Champs Élysées! I was a pro at getting strangers to take my photo for me. Downside: sometimes they contain other people in the photos. Sometimes they were just awful.



Roller-hockey players. . in Paris? One was clearly a Sens fan (the one wearing the Sens jersey). My Canadian pride wanted to put on roller blades and school them. Instead, I sneakily took a photo.



On top of Paris, sommet de la tour Eiffel. :) Another stranger photo! I'm outgoing now. (and yes, that is a Marché frais bag. Hot off the streets of Paris.)



Pour mon ami Brandon, who clearly belongs in Paris.




Les égouts! History of Paris's sewers, in the sewers. I really didn't mind the smell.


Me voici au Moulin Rouge. C'était mon film préféré pendant mon adolescence.
J'adore Montmarte. (Not pictured: the plastic grocery bad I carried for the duration of my trip. Later to be mocked.)


Amélie! Au restaurant!


Jim.



''. . . Wilde is on mine'' (Covered in kisses)



Street art in Paris. Artistic, deep, wonderful.






French puns! If you don't speak French, this is the moment you should be kicking yourself, as this is truly a kick-ass pun. This was a bookstore.





. . . and I think I'll post London and Edinburgh pictures later!
Except for this sweet one of me immediately after having climbed Arthur's Seat up the most indirect and dangerous route, only to later discover a much more reasonable path. As you can see by this photo, not many people make it to the top. . . . this is why I am so happy.

(winning)

1 comment:

  1. So... did you like Paris? and the Parisians? (if you answer yes to this question, you didn't really meet one :P )

    Benjamin

    ReplyDelete

These are a few of my favourite things. . .

  • Travel and travel-related journaling
  • the Weakerthans
  • The sound of rain at night when falling asleep
  • Sweet Potato Fries
  • Animals! and not eating them!
  • Crepes with nutella
  • running
  • la musique
  • outdoor concerts and festivals
  • Joni Mitchell
  • Introspection
  • Dancing when no one is around (except my family)
  • American poets